I'm pregnant! We've taken the plunge, and we're are due to become a family of four on November 26th, 2011 (two days after thanksgiving)! I'm about 11 weeks along, and so far this pregnancy has been waaaay easier than my pregnancy with Vera - loyal readers may remember I was very sick until about week 20... This time around, I started getting queasy at about week 6, but I turned the corner at week 9, and have been feeling better and better each day. I still have my moments, but it's really manageable. Of course, the exhaustion is still an issue, but luckily my work schedule has been a little lighter than usual, so I've been able to take a quick nap (or two) on most days.
Vera, of course, has no idea what is happening, except that she has noticed that Mommy has been pretty tired and slow to respond, and that Daddy has been taking the lead on more of her daily activities. She's had her share of acting out in response to this shift, but all in all she's making the adjustment. Happily, there's nothing I can do that Joe doesn't know how to or can't do with her (including meals, bathtime, naptime, bedtime, etc), so I don't feel like "how will she manage without me" when the new baby comes. Her daddy is on top of it! I'm a lucky lady.
We have had two ultrasounds (to confirm an initially unclear due date), and have heard the heartbeat and even saw the baby do a little butt-wiggle. We're getting the big 13 week screening ultrasound a week from monday, I'll hopefully be able to post those pics (if I can get the scanner working!) YAY!
5 comments:
Wow - congratulations Sophia, Joe, Vera, and new baby to come!
Congrats- this is big news and very exciting news! XO Rebecca
Mazel tov! What a joy. :)
Hooray!! Vera is going to be an awesome big sister. See you all at the Wes reunion?
oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! congratulations! did you know that i'm pregnant and due november 25th?! a day before you!!! i can't wait to share this experience together again! i'm so glad this pregnancy has been easier on you so far! mine has been harder. maybe you're having a boy and we're having a girl? anyway, congrats again! so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment