We had our first trimester ultrasound screening today, and lucky for us, our technician was a shutterbug. She actually printed 9 images for us, but these are by far the best and clearest. The one above is my fave, because the profile is so defined. The headline of the visit is that the baby's measurements were perfect - no red flags for downs syndrome, etc, and growing at just the right rate for our due date of October 4th. We also learned that our baby is a cranky waker-upper (he or she probably gets that from me), because every time the technician would bump my belly to make the little bean roll over, it would just put its arm over its face and wiggle a little bit, but not move otherwise. At one point it rolled itself up into a tiny ball as if to say "stop bothering me - I'm sleepy!"We got to see the face, arms, legs, belly, bottom, spine, brain, heart, etc. What a masterpiece, and only 13 weeks old. Heart was beating loud and clear, at 143 beats per minute. Here are some more pics:



8 comments:
Oh my gosh, you two make a beautiful baby. That's easy to tell already! S/he is PERFECT!! I love the butt shot...you are right about the legs being long! This is so exciting. Thanks for sharing. I cannot wait to meet that precious baby in October. Let me know if you need anything along the way. I am here for you!
wow, those really are amazing images. are you going to find out the gender?
i'm telling you, that profile shot is GORGEOUS. his or her features are so perfectly defined already!! and how fabulous that the u/s tech was a shutterbug... so many pics for us to enjoy. yay!!
How beautiful and how touching, a perfect little baby, The profile is truly amazing. What a treat to meet him or her so early. Thank you so much for sharing! Lots of love to you T. Vera
Awwww... I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!!! Little Jophia is a stunner!!!
Oh my gosh, what a miracle! How very exciting to see him/her. So glad you have so many wonderful shots. Can't wait to follow your progress and meet the little one in October. Congrats and thanks so much for sharing with all of us.
xo
The pictures are precious! They turned out very clear... we are waiting for our new little one to come any day now!
Hi guys! Congratulations! I'd seen your blog listed on "All Things Violet" and didn't make the connection that it was you guys. I guess I thought Katie actually knew someone named Jophia. Maybe that's my baby brain at work (we're expecting our first, due July 17th). Anyway, we're very happy for you guys and glad to hear that everything looks good! I hope you've been feeling good Sophia! By the way, my birthday is October 3rd - good time of year for a birthday, in my opinion!
Post a Comment