Today, it was in the 90s (!!!) here in CT, so we headed out in the Miata to find some sun and cool breezes. We found both at Wadsworth Falls and Lyman Orchards, two favorite summer-time haunts near Wesleyan. There were a lot of people swimming in the falls, which is clearly posted as being strictly prohibited, but leave it to those Wes kids to stick it to the man (and possibly crack their heads open while they try to climb the falls).
And, finally, things are springing in my belly, too. I'm definately feeling more and more pregnant - the baby is growing quickly (this week it's the size of a turnip, about 5 inches and 5 ounces), and I feel like it's constantly pushing against the walls of my uterus like "MOM! MAKE ROOM!" The nausea is still not gone (hello, 17 weeks?) but is definately getting better. It is not at all a daily occurance, more brought on by triggers or just having a bad day. For example, there's about a 50/50 chance of puking after attempting to take a pill - I have not taken my prenatal vitamin with any regularity since about week 10, and although the OBGYN says it's really not a problem, I wish I could take them. The doc assures me that many women are sick throughout their pregnancy and don't take ANY vitamins - I managed to take plenty before we got pregnant, and consistently for the first 10 weeks of the pregnancy - the most important time for vitamins, especially folic acid. In any case, I know it's getting better, and will continue to do so. We're still counting the days to our next ultrasound, which is a little more than 2 weeks away.
4 comments:
Beautiful pics.. wow 90! It has been warm here in Detroit too. I really hope you start feeling better soon... it is really hard when your stomach is upset to get through the day sometimes.. I remember too clearly! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon... maybe a summer trip to Warren.
Glad to see you guys finally got some new weather! Can't wait for the next ultrasound!!! I will have to start coming up with weird names to torment you guys with! ;)
Great photos! You are very talented!
Sounds like the baby is rocking and rolling already! Are you feeling it a lot more lately? So exciting!
Sorry to hear about the nausea. I think you have a great attitude about the prenatal pills. You just do the best you can. I'm sure the baby will be fine. You are a very cautious and caring mother-to-be. You are doing all the right things for your little one and it will show! Just take care of yourself and I hope you feel better SOON!! Looking forward to the big ultrasound!
that little turnip baby is totally making room for him/herself! it's amazing how they suddenly decide that they're in charge and are like, "um, excuse me, this is MY house now!"
love all the pics... that little man is a cutie :) i know he will love showing his little cousin the ropes out at the PG! xxoo
Post a Comment