Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Solution!

Suddenly it dawned on me.... chewable prenatal vitamins. I decided I must secure the patent for this ingenious solution for morning-sick yet conscientious pregnant women. So I googled it, and, of course, someone has already thought of it. Oh well. Don't you hate when you think you're so smart, and then it turns out that someone else was just as smart, but much much earlier?

Anyway, chewable prenatal vitamins do exist, but seem to be hard to procure. I did, however, discover that there are chewable multivitamins for adults (not just Flintstones anymore!). Although it has only 1/2 of the recommended amount of folic acid that prenatals do, I figure half is better than nothing. So I bought some - orange flavored, no less. Sweeeeeeeeet.

By the way, in googling this, I found the following response to a woman who had asked if anyone knew of chewable prenatal vitamins because she's never been able to take large pills:

"If you can swallow food - you can swallow big pills. A mouth full of pizza is way more than the largest horse pill prenatal vitamin made. Anyway - if you are old enough to have a baby you should be old enough to graduate from chewable vitamins."

?!?!?! Jeez Louise. Clearly written by someone who has never experienced pregnancy induced nausea. Why do people think that the anonymity of the Internet gives them license to be total asses?

2 comments:

Sophia said...

No offense to all our wonderful, sensitive men out there, but I have a sinking suspicion it was a man who wrote that quote. Like "grow up, woman, it's just a pill!"

Kat said...

Great news! I am so glad you found a solution. You're right...1/2 the amount of folic acid is definitely better than nothing. Awesome detective work!

And, yes, there are a lot of wackos on the internet who like to make nasty comments about things people write. Very annoying, but mostly unavoidable.