Monday, March 16, 2009

This blog entry isn't the only thing that's due.......

A baby is due, too! In October! Our baby. In my belly. YAY!
Joe and I are expecting. I'm just finishing my first trimester! Our docs are pretty happy about the progress. We got to hear the woosh woosh woosh of the heartbeat this morning. It was a lot louder and stronger than I had thought it would be. I also thought it would be faster, like a hummingbird, but the doc assured us it was still going about 150 beats per minute, which is pretty fast and exactly what it should be.

I would post our first ultrasound from the 6 week checkup, but it's basically a fuzzy lima bean with a bubble next to it, so that's not so exciting. We're getting a 13-week ultrasound on april 1, so I'll post a pic of that. It promises to be a lot more interesting.

So, sorry I haven't posted more recently. I honestly couldn't think of anything mundane or ordinary to post while we were still in first-trimester secrecy. Being pregnant is pretty much the only exciting thing I can think of right now. YAY!

10 comments:

Katie said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!! CONGRATS YOU TWO!!

Monsoon Mama said...

woosh, woosh, wooooooosh! what a wonderful sound. as mr A would say, "auntie phia baby!" nuff said :) so much love to you 3!!

Sophia said...

Thanks guys!
Is it a little clue of what I'm in for that the first two comments were written by moms, both at 5AM? Oh jeez.

emil said...

Congrats! I would have posted at 5am too but Henry had me entrenched in our daily game of "slap daddy's face until he plays with you."

Greg Neustaetter said...

Congratulations to both of you! Hooray for 2009 babies!

Jeff Woulfin said...

Hooray!!! Super news! Congratulations! Babies!

Kat said...

Hip Hip Hooray! You two are going to be amazing parents!

Mary said...

I am SO VERY EXCITED for you both! What a lucky baby!

Sarah Woulfin said...

Mazal tov!! Such exciting news!

Unknown said...

congrats guys! love the blog, btw. huh, not sure about fitting the babyseat in that miata?