Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Keeping warm

Well, we've been hammered with snow this winter - It has been nice to have a typical Connecticut winter our first year up here, don't get me wrong, but it has been a lot of snow. We've taken lots of snowy walks together through campus, and definately made a lot of good, belly-warming food afterwards. Oh yeah, and also belly-warming cocktails (I got Joe a cocktail set for christmas).

Bundled up on a walk through campus:


Our house and cars covered with snow:

We can still pretend it's summer inside! Here are our yummy Mojitos:


Kulibiaka - nice russian food to keep you warm on harsh winter nights. Can you guess what's in this one?

That's right, salmon and mushrooms!

4 comments:

Kat said...

I love the way you decorated your coulibiac! Looks delicious...and so do those mojitos :)

Jamie said...

We have been blasted with snow here in Detroit too. The snow is so much prettier than gray and slushy. Can't wait to be able to drink a few mojitos! Yum!

emil said...

The rock feels no pain!!!

Tara M said...

Did you make that Kulibiaka or coulibiac (I'm just copying and pasting your and Kat's words since I am clueless!)? I am so impressed--it looks awesome!