Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finally, pictures of the house

Finally, I am uploading pictures of our new place, for those who haven't seen it in person yet. I know it has taken me a long time, but today, the two conditions necessary for this to happen were finally met. First condition: The house is relatively clean. Second condition: I remembered to take the pictures while the house was relatively clean. Here is the exterior of the house, obviously. We live in the bottom floor only. Above us is another faculty member. To the left (you can see half of the window there) is not our apartment, it's the common room/kitchen that is shared by the faculty member above us and the other faculty member who lives upstairs in the adjoining unit. So, basically, our place everything behind the front door and bay window on the first floor.



Next is the entry way from the inside. Note the exit sign. There is another one on the door which leads out of our apartment and into the common room of our neighbors (this door is always locked, never in use, a remnant of when that common room was for kids dorming upstairs, but nonetheless an EXIT). At first we hated these signs, but now we've gotten used to them, and we quite like their function as night lights. We frequently find our way to the bathrooms in the middle of the night by the warm red glow of the exit signs. Also, note cat scratching at shoes.



Here is our hallway, leading from the entry to the kitchen. Closets, pictures, door to basement, etc. You get the idea. Also, cat.

View of the living area from the front entry way.

View of the living area from the door to the bedroom. Note Joe diligently grading.

Bedroom/home office. Clutter galore, but that doesn't factor in to the "relatively clean" condition, because there isn't a thing I can do about it.
Kitchen. Probably my favorite room in the house. All new, tons of counterspace, very very nice.

So, there's our house. Come visit us sometime!


4 comments:

Kat said...

I love your house. It is so cozy (and so clean!) I think it looks great with all the pictures and wall hangings up now. The walls were still bare when we were up there for our visit. We will have to come up again soon! By the way, I love how the exit signs make good nightlights...multi-purpose!

Notorious said...

You house is amazing! I can't wait to see it over the holidays!!! YAY!!!!

Saray said...

YAY pretty!!!

Monsoon Mama said...

your house is fabulous! as kat said, it's great to see how you guys have decorated. and your kitchen is sooooo dreamy. love it.