Friday, December 12, 2008

1.5 cars

Joe and I are now the proud owners of another car. It's really small, tho, so I think we really have one and a half cars. We just bought a Miata from my dad. For those of you who have known us for a while, you'll remember that I bought this car for myself about 8 years ago. One year later, I sold it to my dad. It is a great car, but very impractical as your only car, because it is so small. He's owned it for the past 7 years, and was about to sell when Joe and I just began to think of buying a second car. We thought we'd only need one car, since I commute to work and Joe can just walk to work. But, on the days that I'm working and Joe is off (and we have about 3.5 weeks of that coming up - yay for school holidays), he's stranded at home. So, we bought the car back from my dad.


Joe barely fits in the car; the steering wheel is between his knees, and his left knee is wedged between the steering wheel and the door... but he loves driving it around. The first week or so, he'd come up with any excuse to take it for a spin ;-)

No comments: