I (and others) have noticed that my brain power is not what it used to be. If I tell you a story, chances are, I told you the same story an hour ago, and I don't remember. If I gave you something, I'll forget that I did. Or if I was supposed to give you something, I forgot to bring it with me. I have to make several trips back to the house from the car to get things I forgot before I leave the house. On Sunday, I sent my husband's cell phone through the laundry. Yesterday, Joe had to remind me three times that we were NOT, in fact, driving to the grocery store, but indeed, we were driving to the liquor store (each reminder was after I made wrong turn, after wrong turn, after wrong turn). Today, when we got in the car to go to the pharmacy, the windshield wipers were still on from last night when it was raining, so I turned them off. Or so I thought - Joe said, "you know it's not raining, right?"
"I thought I turned the windshield wipers off," I replied.
"No, they've been going ..." he says.
"oh...." I hadn't noticed...
I would claim that I'm sleep deprived (in fact, up until recently, I have been), but the baby has been sleeping through the night for about a week now. Maybe my brain doesn't know what to do with all this sleep? Is that possible?
3 comments:
Wow, I've never had it that bad! I've always remembered to get to the liquor store :-)
Happy sleeping! And don't forget to come to Warren for Christmas!!!!
ha ha!
yeah, i used to claim that i never did flaky things, but i lost that skill once anand was born. i left the keys on top of my parked car not once but TWICE within the first 3 months of his life, and believe it or not, i actually did that again about a month ago. amazing that the car never got stolen!
Oh my gosh I can totally relate too! My sister gives me so much crap because my car is such a pit now! Always forgetting to keep it clean.. oops! About a month ago Ben and I went out on a date for the first time in what seems like years and I forgot my ID. We were more than a half hour from home so I had to sneak drinks from Ben!
Post a Comment