Joe and I went for another ultrasound this morning. At our last 2 visits I was measuring a little big, and they determined at the in-office ultrasound last week that I had a little too much amniotic fluid. This can be concerning, because it could indicate something wrong with the baby (specifically, that some gastrointestinal or neurological defect was keeping her from swallowing), so they sent us for a level 2 ultrasound at the Maternal Fetal Medicine department in the hospital (which they scheduled for today). Happily, the level 2 ultrasound confirmed that she's doing just fine. We are really relieved and excited about that! It was a pretty stressful week waiting for this morning's appointment - being a speech therapist gave me enough knowledge of what could be wrong to make me VERY anxious about it. Luckily, we had a ton of plans with my and Joe's family over the past week to keep us busy, but nothing is better than the doctors saying "everything looks great!" She is a good looking baby, with some chubby cheeks - they estimate that she's already about 5 pounds, so she's getting pretty close to her birth weight! Unbelievable. Here are some pictures - she gave us some great views of her face! If you're wondering what that little round shape next to her mouth is, no she's not blowing bubbles - that's her umbilical cord.
I think she looks particularly peaceful in this one.

I think she looks particularly peaceful in this one.




3 comments:
So glad everything turned out well for you guys! Thanks for posting all the gorgeous new photos too!!!
She looks sooo cute! Can't wait to meet her! It was great spending time with you guys... the nursery is looking very good!
she is gorgeous! and look at those cheeks-- wow. can't wait to squeeze them in person!!
Post a Comment