I have been blessed with a husband who loves to cook - not only does he love cooking, he also loves culinary experiments. He enjoys inventing and trying out new recipes, and he does it with gusto. At the beginning of the summer, he attempted grilling peaches (which doesn't sound too crazy, but is really good!). He improved on that today by flambe-ing a sauce of sugar, key lime juice and Cognac to pour over the grilled peaches, which he topped with ginger ice cream. Did I mention he flambe-d this concoction in a stainless steel pan over the coals of the BBQ? Because that's what he did. It was freakin fantastic.
Other recent delicious experiments include:
> potatoes gratin with homemade cheesey oniony sauce
> homemade blueberry syrup which he uses to top ice cream or to make blueberry soda
> peach-jalapeno vodka cocktails (those rock - I miss those in my pregnant state)
> a fantastic marinade he invented that has 12 ingredients and can be used on any kind of meat
And this afternoon he bought some pomegranates and said something about making a salad. Ok.... can't wait to taste that! I definitely feel like a lucky lady (and especially, a lucky pregnant lady) with a man who enjoys making tasty food for me every day. And yes, I do try to help. I'm more of a sous-chef, tho, he's definitely in charge.
1 comment:
lucky!!!!!!!! and yummy! :)
Post a Comment