Well, Vera is 2 weeks old today! She had her checkup at the pediatrician, and is weighing a healthy 9 pounds, even! She is at the 50th percentile for height and head circumference, and the 75th percentile for weight. The doctor checked her out from head to foot, and said she's perfect! We couldn't agree more.
We are continuing to count our blessings with good eating and sleeping, although she is beginning to have more fussy moments. I attribute this to her having a growth spurt, and also that she reached her full-term date last weekend and I think this means that she's more active and alert. We broke out the pacifier the other night, which she will take for a while if she's just fussy, but will totally reject if she's truly hungry. Having more awake and alert time is pretty awesome, too; she's opening her eyes wider and for longer periods of time - she's really exploring our faces and the world around her!
I'm still pretty tired, but my recovery is going well. I had my first day "alone" with Vera on monday, and I think I did relatively well ... meaning: no major crisis, no break downs, but still pretty tired and relieved when Joe came home for the day. The second day "alone" went even better - I even managed to take a walk with her to meet Joe at his last class! I think this was extremely brave of me. My folks are back to help for a couple more days this week, and then starting friday we'll be a family of 3 again - a little scary, but exciting nonetheless!
Enjoy the pictures below:
An assortment of photos from the past 2 weeks:
http://picasaweb.google.com/skoulomzin/2009_10_07VeraIs2Weeks?authkey=Gv1sRgCISxuYjovZrRQw&feat=directlink
Pictures of Josie and Vera's first meeting:
http://picasaweb.google.com/skoulomzin/2009_10_04VeraMeetsJosie?authkey=Gv1sRgCIy4gqjHm77p4QE&feat=directlink
Vera's first bath:
http://picasaweb.google.com/skoulomzin/2009_10_03VeraSFirstBath?authkey=Gv1sRgCKWFwJOU9PCiUg&feat=directlink
4 comments:
She is SO beautiful! I'm so happy that she has been a good baby for you while you recover. It's great that you are feeling more comfortable with her alone. Venturing out and taking walks can be daunting at first. And I can only imagine it is even harder after having surgery. Thank you for sharing the pictures. They bring me such joy! She is amazing!
We love the pix of Vera with Joe and the kitties :) So great that you're getting outside withe the bebe already!
Hugs,
Sarah + Jeff
hooray for you! she is so beautiful and precious, and it was so wonderful to meet her and to see you and joe last weekend. i'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and that you are managing on your own-- i know how tough that can be, and like kat said, i can only imagine how challenging it has been after all the physical ordeals you have been through. call whenever you want!
Vera has your lips!
Post a Comment