Monday, November 2, 2009

Vera is 6 weeks old

Vera is 6 weeks old today!! It's amazing that she's been with us for so long already. It's even more amazing how much she's changed!! She's at least 12 pounds already, and she's a string bean - nice and tall, like her daddy. She's been sleeping relatively well; some bad nights, but usually 3-4 hour stretches. Two nights ago, she was awake for 5 hours straight, but I think that was the result of the caffeine intake of her thoughtless Mama... I'll never make that mistake again. Another change is that she's awake and alert a lot more during the day - she focuses on faces and objects a lot more, and she's making a lot more sounds, too. She also has grown eyelashes, which are pretty cute.

The biggest and most exciting change, in my opinion, is that she's started smiling! She loves being kissed on her face, watching her daddy make silly faces, listening to someone singing, and looking at the leaves of the plant that dangle over her bouncy chair in the living room. She's even laughed a few times (once while I was changing her clothes after a TOTAL BLOWOUT diaper at 2:30 am - as if to say "Mama, isn't this funny, I'm totally naked in the middle of the night, and you have poop all over your hands!") Here are some cute smiling pics:









Of course, we celebrated Halloween last weekend. Vera was a frog, and helped Mommy answer the door for trick-or-treaters. She was by far the cutest...


This outfit had nothing to do with Halloween, but was rediculous none-the-less... There was a legitimate reason I put her in the silly belly shirt (the shirt is too small, but the sleeves have the "mitten cuffs" that keep her hands warm at night, so I layered it on top of a regular shirt), but once I saw that I had basically dressed my daughter like she was about to go to the Copa Cabana, I realized the error of my ways.


Here she is in a much more sophisticated outfit, with a sweater handmade by her Great Aunt Vera.


Finally, here is a picture of Vera with her happy, though sleep deprived, parents. We are thrilled to be a family of three!

5 comments:

Notorious said...

you guys are too cute! Can't wait to see you in a little less then two months!!!! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't stop looking at her! She is sooooo cute! I did the same thing when I was feeding Ellorie... drank way too much caffeine and totally payed for it. It is so hard to stay away from coffee when you are SO tired. I noticed that chocolate too would wire her up... hard to stay away from that too! Especially around Halloween. Can't wait to see you guys over Christmas...

George Koulomzin said...

This is all true! She really is IMPOSSIBLY cute! None of it is Photoshoped (at which Sophia excells).... We saw it ourselves!

Katie said...

She looks so much like both of you - and already 6 weeks?!?! how did that happen?

Kat said...

Wow! She has changed so much already! I love her new smile! Can't wait to see you soon!