Since we had already celebrated and decided not to get presents for eachother, I was totally surprised when he walked in, after a long long day, with a bouquet of flowers for me. Apparently, he had come home around 9:30pm, and taken the car directly from the driveway without my noticing, and got some flowers. What a cutie-pie. Now, he's done this before - I think on our 3rd or 4th dating anniversary, we decided not to get presents, and he got me flowers anyway. I should've caught on by now. He says "don't get used to it, because I'll probably forget next time." I think I'd prefer not to get used to it - it's such a nice surprise!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Anniversary
So, Monday was our first anniversary! We actually went out to dinner the previous friday, because Joe's schedules for Sunday and Monday were pretty hectic, and Saturday night was supposed to be a monsoon (which is was). It was nice to have a quiet evening to ourselves on friday, going out to dinner and drinking some champagne. Monday, our actual anniversary, was not quiet, and not to ourselves. Well, I guess we each had the day to ourself - seperately! Joe worked all day (as in, from 7am to 10pm), and I had a pretty long day, too (9am to 7pm). We saw each other for 10 minutes in the morning, and again after 10pm that night.
Since we had already celebrated and decided not to get presents for eachother, I was totally surprised when he walked in, after a long long day, with a bouquet of flowers for me. Apparently, he had come home around 9:30pm, and taken the car directly from the driveway without my noticing, and got some flowers. What a cutie-pie. Now, he's done this before - I think on our 3rd or 4th dating anniversary, we decided not to get presents, and he got me flowers anyway. I should've caught on by now. He says "don't get used to it, because I'll probably forget next time." I think I'd prefer not to get used to it - it's such a nice surprise!
Since we had already celebrated and decided not to get presents for eachother, I was totally surprised when he walked in, after a long long day, with a bouquet of flowers for me. Apparently, he had come home around 9:30pm, and taken the car directly from the driveway without my noticing, and got some flowers. What a cutie-pie. Now, he's done this before - I think on our 3rd or 4th dating anniversary, we decided not to get presents, and he got me flowers anyway. I should've caught on by now. He says "don't get used to it, because I'll probably forget next time." I think I'd prefer not to get used to it - it's such a nice surprise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy anniversary S&J! It was just one year ago that we were all there to celebrate your wedding! Even marked it on my calendar to call and congratulate you, but the best laid plans...Flowers are gorgeous and you are both cute as can be!!
also, just occured to me you could call it your "Jo-pher-sary"!
Beautiful flowers!! Congrats on your 1st anniversary. I'm so glad you had the chance to get a nice, quiet, romantic dinner...you guys rock!!
that's really sweet. what a classy guy! the first anniversary is a special one, i think, and i'm so glad you guys got to celebrate and reminisce about your fantastic wedding day.
Post a Comment