Joe and I, talking before the present-opening-extravaganza.
It was hot. My cousin-in-law Chris lent us her beautiful Spanish fan, which my lovely husband used to cool me off. Hey, people, I'm pregnant - I'm like a little wood-burning stove.
Diapers!!!! Wipes!!!!
My very talented Uncle Alex made this amazing chair for us. The picture at the top is from an old Russian fairytale, and he made it using marquetry, a technique of cutting and inlaying tiny pieces of stained wood to create a picture.
More hand-crafted gifts - my Mom has been knitting like a crazy woman since my sister-in-law and I announced that we're pregnant (she's 5 weeks ahead of me!). These are just two of the six (6!!!) sweaters she gave us at this shower. I happen to know there are more coming. My Great-Aunt Vera also knit us several beautiful things, but I didn't get a picture.
4 comments:
hey, that looks like a fun party :) glad you guys had a good time-- we did, too! here's to many celebrations of little girls in years to come.
thrilling! and that chair is amazing!
Baby showers are soooo awesome! We still have baby shampoo from 2 years ago... you won't have to buy much that's for sure. People always say it is so expensive having babies, but the first really isn't because of the shower. Enjoy all the new goodies and we will see you in a few weeks!
yeah babies! can't wait for the little bundle of joy. and now you've got diapers. you're set.
Post a Comment