Anyway, one of the biggest events from the past month is that we MOVED to a new place. As you may remember (see previous posts here and here) there were some issues with the place, but the maintenance department pulled through and we moved in on June 29th! Prior to moving in, we did a little painting.... here are some pics:
.
Our version of American Gothic... Also, Joe making a hilarious face while I tinker with the camera timer:
Before and after shots of the living room accent wall (Can you tell I watch DIY shows too much?):
Before and after shots of the Baby's room:
(From the window facing out)
.
Yes, we did paint both the rooms green, but different shades. It's a color that seems to match our taste in decor pretty well!
.
Can't wait to furnish and set up her room - we had a baby shower this weekend (post coming soon, I hope), and got LOTS of good loot for the little girl! I'll also post some pics of the house all set up, once it's finally all set up... Joe has been working very hard at his MA degree, and we haven't had a ton of time to do finishing touches like hanging artwork and curtains. And being pregnant, I'm not about to climb up on a chair and do it myself, so it will have to happen all in good time. Plus I have strep, so there's that. But I can tell you that we're VERY happy with our new place. It's an adorable spot.
3 comments:
Hope you feel better soon! The rooms look great, good job...now to get that difficult crib put together...
We do have awesome husbands! I'm so glad you have Joe to take care of you... I was sick with a stomach virus when I was around 5 months and it wasn't fun! Can't wait to see you guys in August... we'll bring our shower gift then. Love little baby girl stuff!
Wow, love the paint job! Looks marvelous!
Post a Comment